The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

REVIEW: Chemical Storm Skullteeth Octorocker

Hey Jeff,

Just thinkin that the deal of yours, might get more coverage in the social pages????

And on a side note, I am a big fan of matte finish products!!!!! I think that it makes them look more expensive on the shelf, and that is where ya want the appeal of the board to take place initially!!!!! Matte or Gloss, they are all gonna get hacked up in the lift line anyway!!!!! (Just my 2 cents worth)

Matte for me as well.. It just looks more professional and less plastic.

If I had money, I’d totally be in for that deal… but Japan / Thredbo / New Motorbike has killed all hopes of a new snowboard.

Maybe I can with the graphics comp… Lol, no chance smile

Pretty sweet deal you’re offering there Jeff!

What sort of waist do the 155’s have? I’m wondering how a big-booter like myself would fare (size 13)

snowdragon - 01 September 2011 04:27 AM

What sort of waist do the 155’s have? I’m wondering how a big-booter like myself would fare (size 13)

Thanks for the reply Jeff- I may take you up on that at the Shred shaka

sorry im a little late to this thread, but after reading these reviews i really want one!

Are there any still available? And also im 6’4 is 155 too short of a board for me?

How much do ya weigh, banana????

How much do you weigh? What’s your style of riding?

Yes, there is still one available at STM. Special price for Boardworld members: $750 down to $450 (40% off). Plus you’ll still get your tax back on top.

$450!!!!!

You were gonna sell it too me for $500!!!!!!  mad

im only 75kg

my riding style is freestyle with some park, but i also love hitting up the pow!

I think it would definitely work for you. Did you read finney’s review of the board in this thread? He weighs 78kg.

It would be super fun and playful in the park and everywhere else, and it would support your weight with no issues in deep powder.

I’ll see if I can get Dan83 to post in here. He is your height and he demoed the 155 this season at Thredbo. He might be able to give you a better idea of how it rides for someone of your height.

yeah sure did, i read another review on this board in another thread, might have been spaz?
But all reviews have mad it sound amazing and the perfect board im looking for.

Although the size is the only thing that is making me worried

How wide do you usually have your stance?

i wouldn’t be able to tell you mate, i’ve only ever rented!

Personally, I think it would be an awesome board for you. Especially if you’re mainly riding park/freestyle and powder. It’s a super fun board to ride.

It’s going to be very playful, very buttery, great for freestyle, great in powder. At your height, it’s not going to be great for carving, freeriding etc., but neither would other soft, rockered boards. It really comes down to your riding style.