The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Resort/Season Pass 2012 poll

Poll: What resort are you getting a season pass at (for Australia 2012).
Total Votes: 47
Perisher
Thredbo
Selwyn
Charlottes
Hotham / Falls
Buller
Baw Baw
Stuff OZ im getting one in NZ
None
chucky - 11 October 2011 07:14 AM

I do different stuff now, but used to work for (among others) Australian Snowboarding magazine, Australian Skateboarding magazine, Australian Mountain Bike magazine, Inside Sport magazine.

when i was in high school doing photography for my HSC, inside sport was THE magazine i wanted to work for… have not read it in years now if it is even still around.

perisher for the win net year hopefully will develop me from a skiier to a boarder grin

Banger - 14 October 2011 01:27 AM
chucky - 11 October 2011 07:14 AM

I do different stuff now, but used to work for (among others) Australian Snowboarding magazine, Australian Skateboarding magazine, Australian Mountain Bike magazine, Inside Sport magazine.

when i was in high school doing photography for my HSC, inside sport was THE magazine i wanted to work for… have not read it in years now if it is even still around.

It’s still around - just not as popular since they ditched their trademark hot chick in a bikini on the cover (and 10 pages inside, hehe).

Australian Snowboarding paid almost half what Inside Sport paid, but it was more fun. Still, judging bikini model contests had it’s, ummmmm, perks. smile

chucky - 11 October 2011 05:56 AM

Sweet. My advice would be to not wait for a PR/media gig to be offered/announced - approach the resorts and sell, sell, sell yourself!

My background’s mostly print media - but I’m over it, and looking for a change.

Nice! Well I’ve been in contact with Snowfm, Thredbo and Perisher I will also contact the smaller resorts in NSW and the Vic resorts and look into local papers and other radio stations around the area. My heart is in print but I’m trying to make myself as multimedia savvy as possible to keep my options open. To work for a snowboarding magazine would be my dream, you don’t have to worry about showreels, airchecks, what your voice sounds like etc… I love to write so print is the ultimate for me really.

AshStix - 18 October 2011 12:39 AM

To work for a snowboarding magazine would be my dream, you don’t have to worry about showreels, airchecks, what your voice sounds like etc… I love to write so print is the ultimate for me really.

Then please tell me you applied for the job as editor of AU/NZ Snowboarder magazine?

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3459/

DAMN! I didnt even see that :( 3 days LATE DAAAYMMNNN!

I’m emailing them anyway.

That’s the Spirit!!!!!!  cool grin

Mizu Kuma - 20 October 2011 08:36 AM

That’s the Spirit!!!!!!  cool grin

Like times a million smile Im a keen bean :D

The Urban Dictionary

1.    keen bean; 
An eager person, usually with a nerdish edge to their enthusiasm.

“Jennifer’s such a keen bean she ducked out of the New Year’s party early to get a head start on her tax return.”

Go you good thing!!!  rocker

Mizu Kuma - 20 October 2011 08:59 AM

The Urban Dictionary

1.    keen bean; 
An eager person, usually with a nerdish edge to their enthusiasm.

“Jennifer’s such a keen bean she ducked out of the New Year’s party early to get a head start on her tax return.”

*PUKE* I may have a nerdy edge but I would NEVER leave a party early to work with NUMBERS!!!

LOL

That’s not what Travis told me!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHA COME ON!!!!! I was there till the end raspberry

Ohh, maybe he was talkin about Jeremy then!!!!!!  LOL