The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Do you listen to music when you’re shredding?

No for me

No

I do - sometimes.

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

These last three posts are riveting!!!!!

I’m glad that I used my “Ultra Fast” “Smart Phone” to read them!!!!!

hmmm

A good track at the perfect moment can make your day! For example, a song like sweet disposition - temper trap (axwell/dirty south) dropping at the exact moment you land a new~ish trick or hit some fresh pow! perfect.

but when with people, so much better to be social smile

Korver - 16 October 2011 10:26 AM

A good track at the perfect moment can make your day. . .

Yeah, tune choice makes a big difference.

I definitely ride differently to The Prodigy’s ‘Smack My B!tch Up’ than to, say, Lior’s ‘This Old Love’ or Jose Gonzalez’s ‘Heartbeat’ (except I usually end up being the b!tch). smile

sometimes, if i’m shredding on my own

mainly just listen on the chair lift up or traversing

Sun lounger - White Sand

Some Lupe Faisco stuff and trance etc
whatever is on my phone at the time really

bluetooth wireless setup ftw!

No for me also.

I do like the idea of having tunes while I ride, but my reasons for not having them are the same as the others. I normally don’t ride alone, so I’d like to hear my buddies, plus I also like to hear my edges and stuff. I like to know what’s happening under my board.

Tills - 17 October 2011 05:18 AM

I’d like to hear my buddies, plus I also like to hear my edges and stuff. I like to know what’s happening under my board.

I like to hear all that stuff too - but why not have both?

As long as your headphones go ON, and not IN, your ears (and aren’t noise cancelling) it’s all good - just don’t have the volume up too loud, and pause/stop when you get on a chairlift.