The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Okay I know he is a skier but bear with me!

Mike Douglas will be living in a patrol hut for a week in Nov on top of Whistler peak to document the arrival of winter.

I think it is pretty cool.

more here : http://embedded.whistlerblackcomb.com/

That does look pretty cool!!!

hahaha love the end “this is my happy place”. I’ve read way too many Stephen King novels this screams cabin fever to me! Having said that it looks unreal!!

Yeah i loved that bit too - but i thought he said happy Face.

I loved the snow falling at the beginning too.

ozgirl - 14 October 2011 05:49 AM

Yeah i loved that bit too - but i thought he said happy Face.

I loved the snow falling at the beginning too.

oh maybe he did LOL! I just kept thinking of this book I read about this crazy woman who had a “happy place” or I think she called it the laughing place or something up the mtns in the rockies…

And yeah the snow at the start is beautiful!!

I like the part in fast mo that shows the snow accumulating on the ground/whatever item it was.

Saw this today. Cool concept. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hopefully you can shed some light on this one, Kimster.

What’s the deal with the word, “freeskier”?

To me, it’s always meant big mountain, backcountry type skiing - so what’s with some skiiers now using “freeskiing” to describe park and pipe? It just doesn’t make sense.

Swap the words around and you have Ski Free… Possibly the only enjoyable skiing game ever… lol

Looks cool.

What an awesome thing to do. Glad he is filming it for our pleasure smile

An Australian resort should sponsor someone to the same thing…

chucky - 14 October 2011 08:21 AM

To me, it’s always meant big mountain, backcountry type skiing - so what’s with some skiiers now using “freeskiing” to describe park and pipe? It just doesn’t make sense.

I am agree with your definition Chucky… Who is calling themselves a freeskier in park and pipe??

Maybe they are losers who have twisted the term freestyle skier to freeskier…..??

ozgirl - 14 October 2011 10:56 PM

I am agree with your definition Chucky… Who is calling themselves a freeskier in park and pipe??

Maybe they are losers who have twisted the term freestyle skier to freeskier…..??

Yep, “losers” in the highest degree - the FIS.

Oh and Ski & Snowboard Australia (basically Australia’s FIS) as well. Yet another example why skiing organisations should keep their grubby mitts off snowboarding - they can’t even manage their own sport properly!

So a bit of a fail on Whistler’s part - never received an email with new videos but Mike is up there now and documenting daily.

First two vids

Patience

Control

Here is Mikes Vimeo channel for the above videos.
http://vimeo.com/channels/258935

ozgirl - 14 October 2011 10:56 PM

Agreed,

your a Park Rat or a Freeskier