The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sydney Oztag

Hi Guys,

Me and some mates have started a Mens OzTag team for Thursday nights over summer. We currently have 7 players already confirmed and are looking for 3-4 more players for an inner city competition (we get graded on how we perform in the first few weeks).

Games are played at Wentworth park in Glebe between 6:15pm and 8:30pm starts (You can walk there from Central station). There are 8 players on the field at any time and the rules are very similar to rugby league with only a few variations which are easily explained.

If you are keen to play, please let me know as soon as possible and we are happy to accept people of any skill level. We will cap the team at 11 players though as too many reserves means we end up sitting off too much so get in quick!

PM me your mobile and how keen you are and I’ll call you and have a chat smile.

TJ

Awwww no one wants to play with you :-(

Is that cause you have a girls bike???

Haha

Might walk over and watch the game one day. Let me know when it starts.

We changed to a mixed team… we should be good for players now… I figured most people aren’t in actual sydney

ozgirl - 13 October 2011 10:31 AM

Awwww no one wants to play with you :-(

Is that cause you have a girls bike???

First ya after my post count, now its pickin on my TJ and usin extra ????

The moment ya start droppin ya g’s, I’m seekin legal advice!!!!!

mad

TJswish - 13 October 2011 11:02 AM

We changed to a mixed team… we should be good for players now… I figured most people aren’t in actual sydney

I was going to offer to play til I saw it was all guys.

Let me know if you are ever short a girl. As I said it is walking distance from my house.

Mizu - don’t be upset copying is the highest form of flattery!

If you are keen, I think we still need 1 girl smile. It’s thursday nights… I’ll check and let you know if you are interested

if it wasn’t thursday i would be interested

TJswish - 13 October 2011 11:36 PM

If you are keen, I think we still need 1 girl smile. It’s thursday nights… I’ll check and let you know if you are interested

The thing is are you interested in me!! I am not the greatest team sport player! LOL

But i am always keen for getting in and having a go!

Haha, I don’t think we are going to win any state finals etc… but the group should be good enough to win games… I’ll talk to Anthony who is organising it and I think we are planning a training session (teach people the rules night) next Thursday. So you can always drop by and see if it’s your cup of tea.

Okay let me know!

ozgirl playing oztag LOL

ha ha ha

Mexican question: What the hell is oztag?!?

wink

haha billy!

Its football but instead of touch (which is usually instead of a tackle) you take ribbons off people…..

Haha that sounds gay and prob not the best description! LOL

Billy are you serious!? LOL I would have thought it is something done in PE in schools all over Aus!!!

There is also a gridiron version called “Flag football”

Yeah i thought that at first… but it is based on League… not sure if AFL have a version….