The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

anyone intrested playing indoor soccer somewhere ?

Sorry guys let me elaborate little more on this.

BOARDWORLD indoor soccer team

Number of PLAYERS:5 a side with 3 reserves
Location: Olympic Park or in the city somewhere or maybe find a place where its half way for the team.
Can be mixed team or just boys it depends on how many girls/guys want to play

Outfit we can wear BOARDWORLD t-shirts.

After the game we can have some beers or go to closest pub ...

Plese let me know i am open for any suggestions

maybe put where u are in your post wink

A boardworld sponsored team! Just have the whole team wear a boardworld shirt!!

(but ouch on the indoor soccer… i suspect it would hurt!!)

if there was enough of us on the central coast i’d be keen but I don’t think there is!

where are you, lanox?

and indoor soccer doesn’t hurt. Indoor soccer is fun!

Actually since I moved I’ve been looking for teams to play with since I don’t know anyone and found there is a dodgeball comp at the nearest indoor sports centre. that would be pretty fun!

“if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!”

ozgirl - 13 October 2011 11:22 PM

A boardworld sponsored team! Just have the whole team wear a boardworld shirt!!

(but ouch on the indoor soccer… i suspect it would hurt!!)

nah not really ozgirl

cords - 13 October 2011 11:30 PM

if there was enough of us on the central coast i’d be keen but I don’t think there is!

where are you, lanox?

and indoor soccer doesn’t hurt. Indoor soccer is fun!

Actually since I moved I’ve been looking for teams to play with since I don’t know anyone and found there is a dodgeball comp at the nearest indoor sports centre. that would be pretty fun!

“if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!”

“if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball hahahahahah lol gold

i am in city area man .

Damm that sounds fun. to bad I live in the gong.If your ever short of players I might be able to fill on occasion.
Summer 7s just started down here and im in two comps….so much fun!

CRACKERS - 13 October 2011 11:52 PM

Damm that sounds fun. to bad I live in the gong.If your ever short of players I might be able to fill on occasion.
Summer 7s just started down here and im in two comps….so much fun!

Well that is what i thought, i mean you stay active + meet ppl + have few beers afterwards = fun to me.

and + we van represent BOARDWORLD lol

I can see the headlines now…...Boardworld FC crushes Barcelona FC in World CluB Cup Final.  Club chairman Jeremy insists that he can hold the team together for the next season despite intense bidding on Star player OZgirl from archrivals skiworld FC. smile

what nights are comps on?
what time do they start?
what is the cost?

Caboose - 14 October 2011 12:03 AM

what nights are comps on?
what time do they start?
what is the cost?

i need to know first if there is player interested/location they are in and then i will call few places. as there is no point me calling and getting all that stuff when no ppl will be interested.

CRACKERS - 13 October 2011 11:59 PM

I can see the headlines now…...Boardworld FC crushes Barcelona FC in World CluB Cup Final.  Club chairman Jeremy insists that he can hold the team together for the next season despite intense bidding on Star player OZgirl from archrivals skiworld FC. smile

Haha love it!!!

hired out homebush courts previously with group of mates
big difference between a “muck around” group and serious group…ours was a muck around
interested kind of died out after 3 weeks LOL as there was some serious (full kit and everything) and some not so serious (came in jeans types)

its 65 bucks/hour (the cheaper one…http://www.sports-centre.com.au/centre/uploads/file_179.pdf) so split that amongst how many people coming
pre booking required
certain days probably already booked by groups so you will need to work the schedule out

unfortunately due to my current work my finishing times are erratic so I’m unreliable for such team sports

i think lanox is talking about joining a comp

well if anyone interested let me know and i will take it from there if not, not to worry then.

And I think having a day every month or 2 with a ball on an oval and a case of beers is better for a meet up than joining a league… keep your leagues with actual friends and people close by.

When I advertised Oztag, I didn’t expect anyone to join, just seeing if 1 or 2 were keen. I still had 7 players already in.