The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

It’d just be wrong not to wear a flanny under this. . .

A Burton/Carhartt collaboration.

Facial hair not optional - mandatory!

http://www.carhartt-wip.com/news/products/2011/10/burton-x-carhartt

But will the Winny Blues stay secure in that sleeve, is the biggest question????

I think you need to carry an axe over your shoulder too!

I’m gonna get one!

. . . and a cowboy hat . . . and I’m gonna wear it here . . .

. . .while riding my two favourite black runs - ‘Ramrod’ and ‘Glory Hole’.

I must be missing something, I am colourblind but I actually think both the pants and the jacket look good, not in the same colour at the same time though.  Why is it bogan?  Could I wear it sporting this facial do?

Photobucket

It’s puke orange… I’m sure with a cool set of pants it would be fine but I probably wouldn’t invest…

chucky it would be good looking if you get Elmer Fudd’s hat LOL

nthnbeachesguy - 13 October 2011 09:24 PM

Why is it bogan?

Nah, it’s not bogan at all - it’s as (modern) cowboy as it gets (so cowboy flanny, not bogan flanny). Hmmmmmmm, or construction worker, Carhartt’s big with them too (but that pretty much exhausts the Village People references). Carhartt is the ‘Yakka’ of the USA - but it’s high fashion here (probably more to do with the pricetag). It’s tough as nails - even more so than Yakka.

I wasn’t kidding, I think it’s great!

Well, OK, maybe I was kidding about wearing it at Brokeback Mountain Ski Resort (I love the names of some of the runs though!).

Yeh, when I see that, I just think if the show Axe Men

I want - I’ve already got the perfect flanny, but I’d need these boots:

. . . and some of those board pants that Burton made for the US Olympic snowboard team (that look like distressed jeans).

Then all I need is a helmet which looks like a hardhat. . . hmmmmmmm, I think they call them ‘hardhats’.

. . . and this board:

Love it Chucky!!

I just checked out Danny Davis’ part in ‘Standing Sideways’, and he sooooooooo rocks the lumberjack/construction worker look. His riding ain’t bad either. smile

Man, that would look so sick!