The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yes Basic 155cm

Isn’t the Basic a standard camber board? I was pretty sure the Basic and Tadashi were regular camber.

I bought the Tadashi, and found it fun yet really lacking in pop. This is the 10/11 Handsign though, apparently this years Nidecker line (NDK/Jones/YES) all have carbon added to them to beef up the snap.

Edit - my bad, I’ve just looked up the YES website. I know for sure that the Basic and Tadashi were cambered last year, so it’d be a good idea to check which year the board being sold is. TDF is camber only in Japan! That sucks so much, my Hand Sign needs to be warrantied so I have no cambered replacement option.

camber humps on the 57 Burde?

Gamblor - 09 October 2011 11:22 PM

yeah, it is. I was just saying camber humps since every one else was mentioning every other flex profile.

Hehe, yeah, true.

Gamblor - 09 October 2011 11:22 PM

Camber humps (which I haven’t ridden yet) could be quite good if it rides like flying v but removes the ‘bump’ between the legs

I’m with you on that one.

Gamblor - 10 October 2011 06:48 AM

camber humps on the 57 Burde?

Same one I’m keen on trying. I didn’t know the Burden had Squeezebox too (looks like it does)?

Squeezebox looks so much more pronounced on the 2012 boards that I’ve seen than it does on my Nug.

@enn zed: Yeah, they change the basic to camrock this year although DCP said in a video they will also offer it in camber. Just get another T.Rice Enn haha raspberry

skip11 - 10 October 2011 04:29 PM

@enn zed: Yeah, they change the basic to camrock this year although DCP said in a video they will also offer it in camber. Just get another T.Rice Enn haha raspberry

But the bloody Trice isn’t camber either! I reckon I’ll get the TDF and just hang it on a wall. It’s a beautiful board. I think long-term I’ll end up with a Trice as my splitboard. Got an S-Series I’m going to learn on first though.

I’ve ordered a 152 Illuminati Evolver. Should be a great all-mountain deck.

I forgot you want a camber board. Not a fan of C2?

Unsure. I think I’d probably like it but haven’t had the chance to demo it. C2 seems to make much more sense than Camrock designs. I love railing turns with a cambered board so the Illuminati should be great. Plus it’s misty as f*ck smile

What’s your take on Capita’s Flatkick, Gamblor?

I haven’t ridden the indoor fk or any of their flat camber boards, only their freeride fk (BSOD and TFA).

Flat kick is okay, I don’t think it would make much of a difference in a board purchase decision for me. The TFA is really stiff and you don’t feel the tips at all, especially since they are rockered a bit before the FK. I think if you get something 3 cm’s longer than what you normally ride then it would be good. It would feel like a normal board but have extra float in pow…at the expense of swing weight.

Actually, just the FK would be the flat kick tips which are just raised tips, so no big deal. My Rossignol Experience has more of a kick in the nose and tail than the FK on the BSOD.

Bit of a ramble of a post, sorry.

So Chucky, where’s the NUG review? Seems like you’re not a fan of the ‘bump’ between the bindings -> how’s the v-rocker on the Nug?

As far as the ‘bump’ goes, I’m fine with it - but not really when combined with the rest of the Flying V setup. Too much going on in opposite directions in a relatively short length. It looks like Camber Humps keeps the concept, but lessens the intensity - which sounds good to me.

I loved the Nug 150 when I first rode it, but gradually became disenchanted. It’s an awesome board when the snow’s soft, but I wasn’t a fan on concrete hardpack, and hated it on stiff off-piste nastiness. I switched to my Vapor 159 in the same conditions and was in heaven. When I first started riding the Nug, I felt great - and thought all the people complaining about it being scary at speed were pussies who couldn’t ride - but I ended up have a day like that with it too. I’m pretty ordinary at pressing - and having said that, the Nug (stiffness rating 4) compared to my X8 155 (stiffness rating 3) actually pressed better. The V Rocker is less pronounced on the Nug than the X8, but as an all-rounder, I prefer the X8 - make of that what you will? The thing with the Nug is that in the right conditions it’s soooooo much fun - and I do think the fact that I was switching boards so much probably accounts for some of my uneasiness on the Nug at later stages.

Regarding Capita’s Flat Kick: I think it’s great on my Charlie 158 (which, incidentally, your vid helped me decide to buy, about 14 months ago - ta), but after loving the Charlie, I bought a 158 Indoor FK - and even though everyone else seems to rave about these boards, it just didn’t feel right to me (I’m riding it in one of the early season spaz edits). Really bummed about it actually - I sooooo wanted to love that board, but looks ain’t everything. I was hoping to show/sell it to one of the guys at the Shred, but the opportunity never arose.

I like your reviews Chucky - thanks. I was interested in the Nug, but I think I will leave it for a year or two until the dust settles. They seem to be still playing with the shape (with the Harvest and Superhero coming out as late releases). Not sure I ‘need’ a dork board that much since a park board would do the same thing for me.

Too bad about the Capita lol. I’ve heard the Indoor is average too. I’m selling my Totally FK’N Awesome because it’s not that awesome - it’s stiffer than a custom x.

I’ve never tried a Custom X but heard it’s a really stiff board and TFA is even stiffer even w/rocker?

custom x is stiff but is lively. tfa is just stiff. the rocker is only in the tips so has no effect on regular riding. In pow they come into play but you don’t feel them - the board just floats a bit better

Yea, I’ve heard the Custom X is stiff as! I’ve gotten on some really stiff boards before and they go fast but I just don’t have fun on them…