The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite beer?

yeh i try my best to only buy proper imported asahi.

I forgot to put in th homebreew me and a mate made.
At first it tasted like Asahi, then after a few weeks it started getting more malty and like fat yak.

Was awesome

What is Fat Yak? how long has that been around?

@ caboose- reminds me of buying absolute vodka in China on the way to Sweden for less than half the price it is in Sweden.

Fat Yak is a Pale Ale made by the Matilda Bay Brewing company. Awesome beer. Very malty pale ale. Can taste average off tap if the places plumbing is a bit shit. But a very enjoyable pale ale from the bottle

speaking of good locals… if you can find it on tap anywhere still (harts pub no longer has it :()

St Arnou St Cloud
awesome drinking thirst quencher
similar to hoegarden on tap but crisper

No particular order,

Sapporo Classic on tap in Japan
Kirin Lager in the bottle in Japan (Didn’t come across it on tap)
James Squire Golden Ale tap and bottle
Stella Artois tap and bottle
Tiger in bottle
Löwenbräu on tap (NOT in the bottle)
Asahi Super Dry in bottle
Bridge RD Brewery India Pale Ale on tap

and my new found friend,

4 Pines Kolsch on tap (Haven’t tried in the bottle yet)

Not a fan of Fat Yak, used to drink Blue Tongue and Heineken both regularly but kinda over them, with Hahn Super Dry, Pure Blonde, VB and Toohey’s New bein the choice of beer for a wedding/function as they are more than likely the only ones on offer for free!!!!!

Karlovacko is myn

Asahi and Coronas smile Loved having an Asahi vending machine on my hotel floor when I stayed in Japan last season, best way to end a tough day on the slopes, that along with a dip in the onsen!!!

Yeah, you have to love the vending machines in Japan. I think the Asahi beers worked out to be about $1.30 a can.

ridiculous! booze is soo cheap over there, in a bar they dont charge extra for spirits. A bourbon and Coke will be the same price as a standard Coke… I dunno if that is across the board but still crazy! And you have to get onto that plum wine… not that this is beer related but still get on it! haha

Hot Sake…  billy

also pretty much anything from James Squires

also there is a pub in the rocks that has a micro brewery (maybe Lord Nelson)

the “Dark Admiral”

freakin awesome!!!

I heard you can get practically “anything” from the vending machines in Japan…

Caronas and lime. And Asahi is a fav everytime I go to a Japanese restaurant. If I’m not drinking sake.

I gotta say, maybe it was just all the rad people I was with but those Spanish Cockels were going down real easy too billy

BKM - 12 October 2011 05:53 AM

I heard you can get practically “anything” from the vending machines in Japan…

YEP!!!!!!  cool smile

Andy Aitken - 12 October 2011 05:56 AM

I gotta say, maybe it was just all the rad people I was with but those Spanish Cockels were going down real easy too billy

That was James Squire Golden Ale