The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite beer?

We’ll keep this to beer for now and can do other alcoholic beverages in another thread maybe…

Mine? I like VB. I know its not a sophisticated opinion but the price is right and it tastes good!
A lot of people are snooty about VB but it always does really well in blind taste-testing.

I also really like Asahi.

so whats your favourite?

Corona with lemon grin

whatever is on special at dan murphys smile

hmmm not sure

actually these days Blue Tongue is my usual if available

Had a case of Sapporo and they were good for the price. But if I had to choose, I’d go Carlton Dry. Low carb, good taste and not too expensive.

I really like Asahi too. Haven’t had it in a while but it’s one of my favourites. Can’t go past a Corona either.

hands up if you can taste the difference between Asahi in Japan compared to Australia

dont know if its the holiday mood or what but the Asahi in japan just tastes so much better LOL

Will try it when I get there.

Lowenbrau in Australia is much better than Germany, while Hofbrau is much better in Germany than Australia… It’s like they swapped labels during the import process lol.

Anything

Heineken is much better in europe than here.

BKM - 12 October 2011 12:41 AM

Anything

Didn’t you just turn 18? You REBEL! lol.

Next year
Shhhhh… wink

Asahi tastes different over here than japan cause most of the “imported” beers we have in australia are actually brewed under licence i.e.

Brewed in australia or thailand etc. hence the taste difference due to different brewing conditions/source of ingrediants etc. etc.

My fav are hard to list.

In no particular order;

Asahi
Fat Yak
James Squire 150 Lashes
Coopers Pale Ale
Sapparo
Monteiths Goldne Ale
Monteiths Radler Bier (beats corona hands down as a summer beer)

My homebrew!

Also, pretty much anything listed above.  Asahi is good, as is Blue Tongue.  Coopers Pale Ale (green label) is good.  I recall having many a good beer in NZ, especially Macs.

check out the label on Sapparo cans here

last one i had was “made in Canada”

WTF!!