The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Resort/Season Pass 2012 poll

Poll: What resort are you getting a season pass at (for Australia 2012).
Total Votes: 47
Perisher
Thredbo
Selwyn
Charlottes
Hotham / Falls
Buller
Baw Baw
Stuff OZ im getting one in NZ
None

Just paid deposit for Falls/Hotham heropass shaka

Mizu Kuma - 29 September 2011 07:49 AM
Warren Chapstick - 29 September 2011 07:41 AM
Mizu Kuma - 05 September 2011 03:34 AM

I might just wing it, so that I can get a Japow stint happenin for 2013!!!!!

I’m with you Mizu!!!!!!  cool smile

Not goin to Canadia this season????

I reckon I might just have to start putting away a few $$ for a possible Japan trip in 2013, but only if Mizu is still the holiday dad.

MU

Billy - 05 October 2011 08:10 AM

going to lock mine in this week…i have been lazy

deanobruce - 05 October 2011 10:58 AM
Billy - 05 October 2011 08:10 AM

going to lock mine in this week…i have been lazy

Me too grin Heaps keen, hopefully next season is a good one! ollie

chucky - 05 October 2011 06:22 AM
AshStix - 05 October 2011 04:10 AM

I’m going to try and get a media job in the Snowy Mtns region or Victoria next season, snow reporting, news reporting or something so I can work the season there and work on my career at the same time ^_^

So you work in the media?

Sort of do! I work at SBS currently, do a little in radio but mostly work in the news library archiving footage etc. I have a bach of communication and various experience in print, online, broadcast media and wanna keep progressing my career but also work a season at the snow smile

A mate of mine works at SBS in the sales dept although I’m sure its a big place and you cant know everyone ha ha!

nthnbeachesguy - 06 October 2011 03:46 AM

A mate of mine works at SBS in the sales dept although I’m sure its a big place and you cant know everyone ha ha!

haha awesome!! But yeah I don’t really know the sales guys too well unfortunately.

Stoked Falls and Hotham left their store open one more day to get the Hero Pass. Put my deposit down today with an hour to go! Woot!

paid deposit on Hero Pass for Hotham/Falls, including the insurance thingy.

Yeh I paid the insurance too. Just never know if your gonna injure yourself and wipe out the season

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 11 October 2011 05:34 AM

Yeh I paid the insurance too. Just never know if your gonna injure yourself and wipe out the season

Yeah mate. Probably a good idea.  wink

LOL yeh definately for me. Especially seeing I intend on being in whislter first next year

AshStix - 05 October 2011 12:12 PM
chucky - 05 October 2011 06:22 AM
AshStix - 05 October 2011 04:10 AM

I’m going to try and get a media job in the Snowy Mtns region or Victoria next season, snow reporting, news reporting or something so I can work the season there and work on my career at the same time ^_^

So you work in the media?

Sort of do! I work at SBS currently, do a little in radio but mostly work in the news library archiving footage etc. I have a bach of communication and various experience in print, online, broadcast media and wanna keep progressing my career but also work a season at the snow smile

Sweet. My advice would be to not wait for a PR/media gig to be offered/announced - approach the resorts and sell, sell, sell yourself!

My background’s mostly print media - but I’m over it, and looking for a change.

Hey Chucky if you don’t mind me asking, are you in the sports media side of things like snow/surf etc?

I do different stuff now, but used to work for (among others) Australian Snowboarding magazine, Australian Skateboarding magazine, Australian Mountain Bike magazine, Inside Sport magazine.