The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

AshStix - 05 October 2011 04:20 AM

Liquid Snow are pretty good, though you might want to look into the bus transfer they offer from Narita airport and see if it’s not easier? or cheaper? (probably not cheaper I dont know) to get the bullet train to Hakuba.

It will probably be quicker. I think the bus took 6 hrs, and when we arrived at the airport they were late and it was stressful because no one really spoke English, there were no signs and Liquid Snow weren’t picking up their phone… but aside from that all good haha.

Here is the 2011 Train and Bus timetable to and from Narita to Hakuba. It ends up costing about 10000 yen oneway. I love the Bus and Bullet train trip from Hakuba to (bus) Nagaro to (Bullet Train) Tokyo. I book a Chuo Taxi Airport Shuttle (http://www.chuotaxi.co.jp) form Narita to the door where I am staying in Hakuba for 12000 yen. With Chuo They meet you at the exit gate with your name of a board, carry your bags and treat you first class! but you get that everywhere in Japan! The Bus to and From Narita to Hakuba is 9900 yen oneway (hakubus.com).

Just a tip! buy your penedole or nuafen before you go. It cost about 1000 yen for a pack of 12, plus the hard time you have try to buy them from the Chemist (communicating) and they don,t sale them in the supermarkets in Japan.

did anyone else stay in rosenhaim and if so what was they experience ???

hey, just throwing it out there is anyone concerned about the radiation factor? I know smart traveller says it’s fine and all but yeah just wondering what you guys think.

Yes I am! I just went out and got myself from the chemist the new 50+ sunblock that just got release. I got burn in March and I was wearing 30+ so I put down to Nuc plant exploading

AshStix - 09 October 2011 01:57 PM

hey, just throwing it out there is anyone concerned about the radiation factor? I know smart traveller says it’s fine and all but yeah just wondering what you guys think.

Nope, I’m not concerned. Japan need us to come, not stay away!

radiation is only in Fukushima prefecture with some hotspots in tochigi, saitama and even chiba. Nagano (Hakuba) and Hokkaido (niseko) are fine

johnoT - 09 October 2011 02:31 PM

Yes I am! I just went out and got myself from the chemist the new 50+ sunblock that just got release. I got burn in March and I was wearing 30+ so I put down to Nuc plant exploading

not sure if serious…

I’ll be applying for one of these freebies. The flights start in April, but I think they are good for 12 months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-10/japan-offering-free-trips-to-foreigners/3459548

MU

Billy - 10 October 2011 06:32 AM
AshStix - 09 October 2011 01:57 PM

Nope, I’m not concerned. Japan need us to come, not stay away!

Yeah I agree they need us, Im just concerned about radiation in the food chain/water supply. I’ll need to do more research but most sources say “according to Japanese officials” and I don’t trust that after how dodgey they were with information during the disaster. Im hoping it’s fine because I love Japan it broke my heart to see the earthquake/tsunami cause so much havoc!

I’d say a year later, it will be fine. I don’t plan on going near Fukushima area and with flights so cheap etc its a good time to go.

If you hear more about these free flights MU, let us know so I can sign up for one and use it next year smile

Anyone going to Nozawa in december january?

For anyone keen to head to Hakuba, the tour I’m going with just posted on facebook the following:

Liquid Snow Tours
Big flight + ski package sale on from Wednesday this week, Ski packages with flights to Japan from $1650 per person. Travel from 20th Jan - End of March, this will be the final big sale before this winter, for more info email us…. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

If you are keen to meet me in Hakuba, book some frights (Cause I’m that damn scary!) from the 10th Feb - 17th Feb I’ll be there… then the 17th - 22nd I’ll be in Tokyo if anyone is around smile

TJ, who did u book ur flights with and how much if you dont mind me asking ?

TJswish - 24 October 2011 01:03 PM

For anyone keen to head to Hakuba, the tour I’m going with just posted on facebook the following:

Liquid Snow Tours
Big flight + ski package sale on from Wednesday this week, Ski packages with flights to Japan from $1650 per person. Travel from 20th Jan - End of March, this will be the final big sale before this winter, for more info email us…. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

If you are keen to meet me in Hakuba, book some frights (Cause I’m that damn scary!) from the 10th Feb - 17th Feb I’ll be there… then the 17th - 22nd I’ll be in Tokyo if anyone is around smile

$1650!!! big surprise .... Aww I couldn’t have gone after 20 jan anyhoo…. 80 days to go!!