The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yes Basic 155cm

@gamblor: Ya I like C2 more personally. Still gonna buy a sherlock gamblor?

Yep, thanks to Boardworld!

Just to go against the trend… go the flying V!  tongue rolleye

go camber humps!

@gamblor: Have you tried the Sherlock gamblor? Or is this the first time? I found the sidecut is super turny.
@Dan: are you gonna be riding at Whistler this season dan?

Skip, I won’t be doing a season. But I’m hoping I can come for a week or two. Fingers crossed. It’s shaping up to be another cracker of a season!

Sweet smile

No never tried it.

Saw the Lib La Nina and Burton Barracuda in person today. The rocker profile is definitely more extreme on the Cuda. The camber in the back is similar but after that the La Nina rocker seems very mellow, maybe more like a billy goat banana but w/out the camber in the front.

Gamblor - 08 October 2011 01:30 AM

go camber humps!

Isn’t the Sherlock Flying V, not Camber Humps?

yeah, it is. I was just saying camber humps since every one else was mentioning every other flex profile.
Camber humps (which I haven’t ridden yet) could be quite good if it rides like flying v but removes the ‘bump’ between the legs

What do you mean removes the bump? Camber humps have the middle, tip, and tail touching the ground, even with the flying-v shape right?

I much preferred the CamRock. I think I liked the Tasman over the basic but I rode a really old / used / unwaxed basic compared to a new / unused / waxed Tasman. The Tasman was also shorter which I preferred in the spring conditions.

Both of the Yes boards were more fun than the Lib Tech Skate Banana and the Burton Custom Flying V that I tried.

skip11 - 09 October 2011 11:26 PM

What do you mean removes the bump? Camber humps have the middle, tip, and tail touching the ground, even with the flying-v shape right?

by bump i mean the ‘u’ shape (or ‘v’) in between the bindings that is found in banana, flying v, v-rocker, etc that feels like a pivot point. Camber humps is basically flat rocker with 2 camber points under each set of inserts

Ah I see. I thought camber humps is a flying v but with the camber touching the ground instead of lifting the contact points up (when the board is unweighted).